News and Upcoming Shows
We're currently working on our first full-length record, title "Golden Age", with Greg Hawkes of "The Cars"! Greg also joined Eddie Japan's recent sold out show to play The Cars' "Let's Go!", "Bye Bye Love", "Moving in Stereo" and Roxy Music's "Love is the Drug". It was a special night and the audience loved it!
We'll be writing and recording in January with some shows booked for February...More info soon!
Eddie Japan has been described as “...a circus of jazzy horn lines and girl group cooing, of swinging ‘60s cool and odd ‘80s new wave.”. The band evokes a lush, cinematic retro-pop sound that would be perfect on a vintage James Bond film soundtrack.".
- Opened for Midge Ure (Rich Kids, Visage, Thin Lizzy, Ultravox and solo).
- Opened for The Fixx ("One Thing Leads to Another", "Saved by Zero", "Red Skies at Night").
- Toured with Martha Davis and The Motels with shows in Massachusetts, New York, Washington D.C. New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.
- Our single, "Albert", was included on the release of the popular music video game Rockband 4, alongside such artists as The Black Keys, St. Vincent and Jack White.
- The video for “Fight Song,” an upbeat anthem inspired by the Madison, Wisconsin protests of 2011, was premiered in partnership with the Wisconsin State AFL-CIO on Labor Day of 2014. The track was recorded and produced by Scott Riebling (Weezer, Letters to Cleo, Fallout Boy).
- Performed at the 2013 NYC CMJ showcase, “The Outlaw Roadshow,” produced by Adam Duritz of Counting Crows and Ryan Spaulding of Ryan’s Smashing Life.
- Winners of a 2013 Boston Music Award for “Live Artist of the Year,” in a category that included perennial local favorites, Aerosmith, Peter Wolf, and Dropkick Murphys.
- Winners of the 2013 Rock ’n’ roll Rumble, Boston’s celebrated battle of the bands and music festival that artists such as Dresden Dolls, The Lemonheads, and ’Til Tuesday have competed in over the years.
EDDIE JAPAN IS:
Vocals / David Santos
Vocals / Emily Drohan
Guitar / Eric Brosius
Guitar / Bart LoPiccolo
Keyboards / Aaron Rosenthal
Trumpet / Eric Ortiz
Bass / Charles Membrino
Drums / Chuck Ferreira